Best Places to visit in India
Stretching from the high mountains of the Himalayas to the tropical greenery of Kerala, and from the sacred Ganges to the sands of the Thar desert. Its more than one billion inhabitants are divided into two thousand ethnic groups and speak over 200 different languages.
- Ancient Madurai in Tamil Nadu is home to the most impressive and important temple in south India –the Meenakshi Temple. If you only see one south Indian temple, the Meenakshi Temple should be it. The city of Madurai is more than 4,000 years old, and has remained a major center for Tamil culture and learning. Jallikattu – Bull fight held during Pongal season – January middle is one of the most watched events.
- Kerala Backwaters: One of the most popular attractions in India, a trip in a houseboat along the palm-fringed Kerala backwaters is so tranquil and relaxing. The lush green landscape, diverse wildlife, and houses and villages that line the backwaters make a journey along these waterways seem like a journey through another world. Freshly cooked Indian food and chilled beer on board the boat make the experience even more enjoyable. Don’t miss it!
- Welcome to Goa, a small state in India which exhibits every bit of influence left by the Portuguese during the 500 year rule. However, Goa is better known and recognized for its vast stretches of beautiful sandy beaches, clear blue waters, verdant green mountain ranges and its idyllic lifestyle which embraces any newcomer into its fold.
- Andaman, a group of 550 islands, is located in the Bay of Bengal. It is part of the Union Territory of India, Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Many islets and rocks add the topography of the Andaman Islands. There are about 26 islands which are human inhabited.
- Rajasthan shows India at its most colorful and exotic best. These classic Rajasthan tourist places shouldn’t be missed. Jaipur, Udaipur, Mount Abu and more…
- Jammu and Kashmir offers its tourists heartwarming hospitality and a lot to look out for. With mouth watering cuisines, luxury boat houses and divine valleys to visit, there can never be a dull moment in Jammu and Kashmir. No wonder, that Jammu and Kashmir is one of the top picturesque states in India and is blesses with the most scenic destination for honeymoon in Kashmir.